Thursday, July 31, 2014

Taylor Lake

It's been a little cooler this week, so Little Man and I have gone to Taylor lake every day so far.  We usually start our morning by walking Daddy to work and then heading to the park for a while.  We head home for a snack and some play time.  Then we walk to the lake and stay there until lunch time.  My little guy could stay there for hours.  He will go sit in the water at the edge of the lake and throw the wet sand or stir it with a stick.  He will also sit in the sand for a long time playing with some of the sand toys they have at the lake.  One day there were some big kids building a structure in the sand.  Little Man held my hand and walked right over to them.  He sat down and started helping them fill a bucket with sand.  He would look up every once in a while at one of the big kids and wave to them. 

He played by himself for the longest time while I sat in the grass and took pictures.

I will have to pick up some beach toys when we go to the beach in North Carolina!

I bring a change of clothes and change my little guy at the beach before I put him back in the stroller and head home.  On this day he was so worn out from all his outdoor play that he looked like he was going to fall asleep on his changing mat (notice the arms above the head).  He actually did fall asleep on the way to the beach and on the way home on this day.  I had to take him out of his stroller and carry him both times so that he would nap at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment